Alcoholic Beverage License Administration

The Maysville City Clerk is the ABC administrator for the City of Maysville. City alcoholic beverage licenses are issued in accordance with Kentucky statute as set by the state legislature and by city alcoholic beverage licensing ordinances, which are enacted by the Maysville Board of Commissioners. All businesses within the city limits that make, distribute or sell alcoholic beverages must have both a city and a state license. 

Steps to applying for a City of Maysville alcoholic beverage license may be found in the FAQs below.

Mason County Judge-Executive is the alcoholic beverage administrator for Mason County. That office can be reached at 606-564-6706.

License Availability

While package malt beverage and retail by-the-drink licenses are not quota based, package liquor licenses are restricted by state statute to one per 1,000 county residents. There are currently no quota license available in Mason County. Both wine and liquor are licensed under the same license category.

The Landing at Limestone – Entertainment Destination Center

The City of Maysville’s Entertainment Destination Center, The Landing at Limestone, provides any type of business within or adjacent to the EDC an opportunity to apply for an NQ2 license without the 50% food revenue restriction. For more information on the Landing at Limestone, check out this EDC FAQs below.