Policies & Forms
Utility Department Policy FAQs
The City of Maysville Utility Department will charge a $50.00 fee for each check or bank draft that has been presented as payment for any service provided by the City of Maysville Utility Department and has been returned by the issuing bank unpaid. An attempt to notify the customer of a returned check will be made by telephone or notice on the door. No representation is made by the City of Maysville Utility Department that the utility is obligated to substantiate that the notification attempt was received by the customer. The customer will have three (3) days from the time that the City of Maysville receives the returned check or draft or replace the check with cash, money order, cashier’s check or a debit/credit card.
If payment, including the penalty, is not received by the City of Maysville Utility Department within three (3) days from the receipt of a returned instrument, the City of Maysville Utility Department will disconnect service(s) provided to the account for which the returned item was received. Any account that has been disconnected due to a returned item will be subject to the standard reconnection fee of $25.
After the third returned check in a one (1) year period, all payments must be made by cash, money order, cashier’s check or a debit/credit card.
The City of Maysville Utility Department will not accept post-dated checks. A post-dated check will be returned to the customer and the bill will be considered delinquent.
The purpose of this procedure is to establish agency policy regarding adjustments to customers’ monthly billing.Pool Adjustments
- Each customer having a swimming pool may have a one-time per year adjustment (on sewer only) for filling the pool.
- The customer should contact the City of Maysville Utility office when the bill covering the filling of the pool is received.
- For existing customers, the high usage must be in excess of 1.5 times the average usage of the customer before the sewer usage will be considered for adjustment.
- For new customers, the high usage must be in excess of 1.5 times the system average usage of 3,000 gallons per month before the sewer usage will be considered for adjustment.
- At the discretion of the Customer Service Department; a City of Maysville service worker may be required to verify the existence of the pool before an adjustment can be given.
Water Leak Adjustment
- Each customer system-wide can be given an adjustment for a verified service-line break when accompanied by a licensed plumber’s statement or other appropriate documentation.
- Each customer is limited to one adjustment per year for each customer service.
- For existing customers, the high usage must be in excess of 1.5 times the average usage of the customer before the leak will be considered for adjustment.
- For new customers, the high usage must be in excess of 1.5 times the system average usage of 3,000 gallons per month before the leak will be considered for adjustment.
- The adjustment may be spread over two months if the leak occurred during two consecutive bill cycles.
Water Leaks Not Eligible for Adjustment
- Repetitive leaks that are a consequence of deteriorating lines and/or other faulty equipment that have not been repaired to City of Maysville specifications are not eligible for further adjustments.
- Irrigations systems, gardening/lawn maintenance and pressure washing will not be considered.
- More than one occurrence per any 12-month period.
- Homes under Construction/Major Renovation
All water bills become delinquent on the 16th of the month. A cutoff notice will be sent on the 16th and water service shall be terminated if payment is not made by the 30th of the month.
City Ordinance No. 19-11, Section 150.64