Print this page
The City of Maysville is currently accepting lateral applicants and new hire applications for the Police Department. The ideal candidate should have a strong commitment to protecting the safety and well-being of the community they serve.
- Patrols the city and protects lives and property.
- Enforces laws and prevents crimes.
- Monitors traffic conditions and flow, operates radar and issues citations.
- Responds to accidents and monitors school zones.
- Maintains visibility to establish police presence.
- Settles or calms interpersonal disputes.
- Responds to a variety of emergency and non-emergency situations, accidents, confrontations, injuries and complaints.
- Secures and processes crime scenes and interviews complainants, witnesses, suspects and victims.
- Obtains witness reports, collects evidence and prepares files and reports.
- Apprehends, arrests and processes criminal violators.
- Serves warrants, appears and testifies in courts of law.
- Transports prisoners.
- Performs various Community Oriented Policing functions, including attending community meetings and giving public safety demonstrations.
- Operates a police vehicle and radio.
- Works closely with other law enforcement officers regarding suspects, witnesses, victims and related criminal investigations.
- Records daily activities in logs and prepares reports on activities and investigations.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must be a US Citizen
- Valid driver's license
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Good driving, police, personal, & employment record
- Must have strong work ethic, interpersonal skills and ability to adapt to diverse circumstances
- Must pass a written exam and physical agility test; complete a panel interview and have an acceptable background check.
- Successful applicants will remain on an eligibility list for one year beyond the written test date.
Please submit completed applications to the Maysville Police Department, 212 Government St, Maysville, KY 41056. A study guide will be provided to applicants upon submission of the employment application.
Police Officer Eligibility Exam
Wednesday, November 30, 2022
Maysville Fire Department Training Facility
1721 Marth Comer Drive
For additional information, please contact Chief Michael Palmer at 606/564-2566 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org