The City of Maysville is currently accepting applications for the Maysville Fire Department. The successful candidate will have the desire and compassion to help others and to protect lives, property and the environment.
The primary responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Daily inspection, maintenance, and cleanliness of vehicles, equipment and station.
- Performs all forms of emergency services to include but not limited to fire, basic and advanced life support, hazardous material, rescue, and public education events as directed.
- Has daily contact with the public requiring the utmost tact and courtesy.
- Required to make instantaneous decisions on all types of emergency situations requiring mature judgment and knowledge.
- Tasks and duties as directed by the Shift Captain.
- The position will be a 24/48 shift.
- Required to attend mandatory trainings and in-house meetings.
- Previous firefighting experience preferred.
- Must be a Kentucky certified Paramedic and maintain certification.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must have strong work ethic, interpersonal skills and ability to adapt to diverse circumstances.
To be eligible for hire, candidates must pass a background check, pre-employment physical, and drug screening. Must have current CPAT (Candidate Physical Agility Test) certification or obtain certification prior to offer of employment or qualify for lateral transfer.